Your Mother was right all along. Grandma also told you they were good for you. So why do we still only eat greens on average 2-3 days per week.
Leafy green vegetables are not only great for reducing the risk of cancer and other diseases, they are also ideal for weight management as they are typically low in calories.
Here are 5 easy ways to eat more greens:
1. Make greens the main ingredient in your meal - Traditionally a meal is focused on a protein source, eg, chicken, fish or beef. with a small amount of greens on the side, why not flip this upside down and make greens the centre piece.
2. Stir Fry it up - A stir fry is an easy way to incorporate greens into a meal. C'mon every food tastes good when mixed with soy sauce and other marinades.
3. Get creative with your mash - Instead of just using mashed potato, why not include some broccoli or sweet peas. Or if you are really daring, substitute Broccoli and peas and you will end up with something that looks like the picture below :)
4. Spinach in your smoothie - A great source of iron, antioxidants and more. Baby spinach doesn't alter the taste of your smoothie yet packs a nutritious punch to any smoothie.
5. Mix them into Pasta - Baby spinach and other greens can easily be added to a delicious pasta.
Apart from eating your greens, we recommend you detox your body with our Colon Cleanse, all natural cleansing herbs to leave your body cleansed.